Smoothie bowls are officially the healthy food world’s new breakfast star. Smoothie bowls are catching on as a fun way to dress up good-old smoothies. As the name says, these are smoothies served in bowls. And you eat them with a spoon. What they lack in portability and pourability, they make up for in variety and eye appeal.
To make a smoothie bowl, simply make a regular smoothie but use less liquid to make it thicker and creamier and so it can hold a lot of toppings. Let’s take a look our 5 smoothie recipes.
Homemade Smoothies Recipe’s
1.Strawberries Smoothie Bowl
This strawberry banana smoothie bowl makes a flavorful and delicious fruit, nut, and oat smoothie bowl! Great for breakfast
- 1 cup fresh strawberries reserve 1 for topping
- 1 ripe banana reserve slices for topping
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons oats + 1 teaspoon for topping
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds+ 1/2 teaspoon for topping
- 1 tablespoon almond slices for topping
1.Add whole strawberries, banana, almond milk, oats, and chia seeds to the container of a blender. Blend until smooth.
2.Add additional almond milk if needed to reach the consistency desired.
5.You can freeze the fruits over night for chilled smoothie.
2.Berry Berry Smoothie Bowl
A simple smoothie bowl made with fresh berries and bananas.
3.Green Smoothie Bowl
Start your day with this full of nutrition ingredients smoothie bowl.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk, plus more as needed
- 4 handfuls spinach
- 2 tsp culinary-grade matcha powder
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana, peeled, cut into chunks and frozen
- ½ avocado
- Toppings: cubed fresh mango, sliced kiwi, unsweetened coconut flakes, bee pollen (optional).
1.In a blender, puree milk, spinach, and matcha until smooth.
2.Add mango, banana, and avocado, and puree again. Add more milk if needed.
3.Pour into a bowl and top with fruit, coconut flakes, and, if you like, bee pollen.
4.Peach Smoothie Bowl
A thick, creamy, protein filled peach smoothie with all the flavors of peach pie! Serve it in a bowl topped with granola, almonds, and fresh peach slices for a fun and filling breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon honey, use more if you like it sweeter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of nutmeg
- Fresh peach slices, granola, and toasted sliced almond for toppings
- In a blender add all of the ingredients except the toppings and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with fresh peach slices, granola, and toasted almond slices.
5.Apple Smoothie Bowl
Start your morning with health apple smoothie bowl.
- 1 frozen banana, small
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- optional: handful of fresh spinach or kale
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with lots of fixings on top!