If you have been suffering from inflamed, tender and bleeding gums and persistent bad breath, you may be suffering from gum disease. Also known as gingivitis, gum disease is a serious condition that needs to be looked at by a dentist urgently. These home remedies, however, will give you a lot of relief as well.
Causes Of Bleeding Gums
Bleeding gums can be caused due to the following few factors:
• Forceful brushing
• Hormonal imbalance
• Some medications like oral contraceptives and antidepressants
Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums
Leave your brush in warm water before use.
9#.Calendula Leaf and Chamomile Tea
Some Do’s and Don’ts
- Brush twice daily. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Be gentle on gums.
• Avoid food items that have a high percentage of saturated fats.
• Avoid the use of tobacco, it only makes it worse.
• Do not go overboard with brushing and flossing your gums.
• Visit a dentist at least twice a year.
Getting your teeth cleaned by a professional would only help you maintain your pearly smile for long.