- 1 large zucchini
- 200gm white button mushroom
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 4 garlic sausages, cut into bite sizes
- 8 slices wholemeal bread, sliced into 4 squares
- 250gm mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic Pepper
- 2 tsp McCormick Italian Blend
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Himalayan Salt
- 4 large eggs
- 200ml fresh milk
- 200ml cooking cream
- 1 tsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
Baked mixed vegetables with herbs and olive oil
Layer bread, roasted vegetables and sausages into greased baking dish
Pour in egg custard to soak into the bread mixture
Method (I divided the ingredients equally into two 7″x7″ pan)
- Cut zucchini, mushroom, bell pepper and tomato into cubes. Toss the mixed vegetables with olive oil, garlic pepper, salt and herbs. Spread the mixture into a lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15 mins until softened. Toss the mixture in the middle of baking.
- Combine the egg custard mixture and seasoning. Whisk well and set aside for use later.
- To assemble, place a layer of bread onto a well greased baking dish. Scoop half of the roasted mixed vegetable and sausages over the bread. Repeat the process by placing another layer of bread slices over the mixed vegetables. Lastly place the remaining roasted vegetables and sausages over the second layer of bread.
- Pour the custard mixture into the layered bread and vegetables. Press down firmly to ensure the bread is well soaked with the custard. Lastly top it with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap the baking dish with foil and allow it to sit in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the baking dish from the fridge and bring it to room temperature before baking. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20 mins. Remove foil and continue to bake for 15-20 mins till cheese is golden brown and custard is well set. Serve warm.