Body heat (or heat stress) is a common health problem caused by exposure to high temperatures. Common symptoms of body heat include dizziness, headache, nausea, excessive sweating, muscle cramps and a rapid heartbeat. There are several easy yet effective treatments to address this problem. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you reduce body heat? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, will show you best home remedies to reduce body heat. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Best Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat You Should Follow
I. Body Heat – The Introduction
Body heat could be from several of factors among which the major cause is the environmental heat surrounding you. During summer, our body could get heat up as we are mostly exposed to the scorching rays of sunlight. Food is also another factor of the increased body. The caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods are some components which you need to avoid as these are foods which could increase the body temperature from the inside out. Some drugs or illness can also be blamed for the increase of the heat inside our body. However, today we can get some useful ways that could help us a lot in controlling the heat inside the body with ease. Some natural herbals and natural home remedies to reduce body heat play really important roles in this process.
The normal human body temperature is around 36.9o C, with small variations which are acceptable. No matter what weather conditions from the outside are, the internal body temperature needs to be kept stable for the normal functions of the entire body. Just for example, the body temperature of a person rises too high or falls too low (which might be caused by innumerable reasons), then he/she could not get the body functioning well as normal. Let’s learn about tips and home remedies to reduce body heat, as well as the drinks and foods which help us control the body temperature. It could bring about damage to her/his internal organs leading to poor fitness and health, so we need to stop the increase of body heat as soon as possible. Read on to discover some of the best ways to avoid extremely increased of body heat.
II. Causes Of Body Heat
- Excess contact with the sunlight could totally result in high body heat
- Others factors which would result in the increase of body temperature are eczema, cystic fibrosis, systemic sclerosis, and psoriasis (as these conditions could influence the normal sweating process).
- Neurological disorders could also bring about excess body temperature even as you are sleeping
- Certain stimulants or drugs, such as cocaine, amphetamines, and so on
- Medical diseases, such as muscular disabilities and seizures
- Strenuous physical exercises or workouts
- Increased activities on the thyroid which rises the metabolic activities by the processes of the body and leads to the formation of excessive body heat
- Diseases; for instance, fever as well as infectious issues
- Wearing artificial or tight clothing might trap water and produce negative decrease of body heat
III. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Some Quick Tips
- Try reducing your usage of red meat or following a vegetarian diet regime.
- Do not add nuts into your daily meals because we all know that nuts can make our body temperature increase very fast. You should limit your consumption of nuts to two or three times per week
- Use olive or coconut herbal oil to cook meals rather than using corn, sesame, or almond oil
- Try following a low sodium diet regime
- Stay away from alcohol and caffeine
- Avoid fried and fatty foods (fast, junk foods)
- Avoid consuming spicy and hot food materials
Here are 26 best home remedies to reduce body heat you are looking for:
1. Cold Coffee
Even there are many different beverages considered as home remedies to reduce body heat that could help a lot in keeping the body cool on hot summer days. For instance, cold coffee could be an ideal way to keep the body cool in low temperature. Certainly, adding ice to your coffee could help you retain the normal level of body heat on hot weather days. People can also use the shaker to make the drink more delicious and colder.
Cold coffee is one of the best things people should consume in hot weather days, try it to cool down your body!
Keep raw milk in your fridge and consume it on a regular basis to reduce your body temperature as well as the heat inside your entire system. This is actually one of the best home remedies to reduce body heat that everyone should try and make use right from today for good! Ensure that your milk would be not too cold. You could also create your own milkshake out of it by adding to the milk with the flavors you personally like. There are orange flavor, chocolate flavor, as well as grape flavor from which you could opt for to give yourself a delicious shake during the summer. You could also try adding some powdered coffee with sugar to get a cup of delicious cappuccino during this hot weather time. You could also try mixing cold water with 2 tbsps. of honey and consume it in the early morning every day to avoid suffering from the excessive heat inside your body.
3. Splash Of Water
In fact, water is among the most basic and useful home remedies to reduce body heat on hot summer days. You just need to consume proper amounts of water every single day for washing away the heat produced inside the whole body. In addition, the oxidants presented inside your body also contribute to the increased heat inside the human body. Water is actually useful in “rinsing off” such body heat while keeping our body hydrated and cool in hot weather days. Not only consuming water, but also the repeated water splashes onto your hands and face can also provide great help during summer days as they would give you the instant relief from scorching rays from the sunlight.
Consume a glass of honey mixed with apricot juice to cool down the heat inside the body and quench your thirst as the effective home remedies to reduce body heat. Since apricots are available in the hard form, people have to extract the juice out of them. Once you get the apricot juice extracted, you could simply consume it without needing to think twice.
Excess body temperature can affect skin negatively and often end in skin soreness as well as rashes. Peach is generally well-known as an excellent source of potassium, vitamin A new, and the rich vitamin B2 content, which are essential for people to maintain healthy body and skin. Dried peach can also aid a lot in regulating the levels of heat produced inside our body as home remedies to reduce body heat.
6. Vitamin C Rich Vegetables
Veggies that are abundant in vitamin C and also citrus fruits such as sweet lemon and orange are wonderful food items considering as home remedies to reduce body heat that can help a lot in relieving the body temperature. During hot weather days when the body gets heat up both from external and internal ways, eating veggies and fruits that are rich in vitamin C can help a lot in decreasing the excess body heat problem. People can also try drinking some vitamin C – rich juices, such as lemon juice and orange juice.
7. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Honey And Milk
If you are looking for the ideal drinks and foods to control the body temperature within hot weather days, then a perfect mixture of cold milk and honey would do you a favor. There is also a special preparation way for this remedy. Everything we need to do is just to add 1 tbsp. of honey in a sufficient amount of cold milk and consume the mixture every day for quick and good results.
8. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Bananas
This wonderful fruit is not just rich in essential nutrients but also provides great cooling effects. The potassium content of banana offers a great cooling effect on human body. It can also aid a lot in digesting spicy and heavy foods. You should consume 1 banana after having any meal throughout the day as a light desert to digest foods faster and cool down your body heat naturally.
The juice extracted from sugarcane is the favorite juice of many people out there. With a high level of sugar content, it can help to boost the energy levels inside your entire body. In addition, sugarcane juice has an amazing cooling effect that can help to cool down the whole temperature of the body. Consuming one glass of sugarcane juice on a daily basis can help a lot in balancing the body heat in hot summer days. In fact, this is also one of the best home remedies to reduce body heat that everyone should not skip but make use right from today!
Pomegranate could be considered as a heavenly fruit because of its rich contents of essential vitamins and minerals. Patients with cancers and other fatal diseases undergoing medical treatments are recommended to consume pomegranate juice every day because it can help to recover the body within a very short time period. Many people are not aware of the fact that pomegranate is also a great food item to cool down the body temperature. Consume a glass of pomegranate juice every day to control and keep your body heat at a stable and healthy level naturally.
You could also drink a glass of fresh pomegranate juice in a mixture with 2 – 3 drops of almond oil on a daily basis, in the morning of course. This is actually one of the best drinks and foods, as well as the most effective home remedies to reduce body heat that people can make use to control body temperature which is preferred by several people at all ages in the world.
11. Fennel Seed
This Indian spice is famous all over the world for its flavor and aroma. It provides several health advantages. One of such health benefits is to cool down the body temperature. Try soaking fennel seeds and let them stay overnight. Strain the solution the next morning and consume it. This is actual among the most effective home remedies to reduce body heat that people should not look down yet try making use of right from today as the summer is hotter and hotter day by day.
Many people do not like radish because of its taste. However, why don’t you eat it in summer as it is very good for reducing body heat? Being very abundant in water, radish, considered one of home remedies to reduce body heat, that can help to cool down the body effectively. It is also an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin C. During hot weather days, heat stroke is quite common among us. Therefore, it becomes crucial for people to cool down the body heat from the inside out to reduce the risks of heat stroke. Radish is a veggie that contains abundant content of water as well as vitamin C so that do not skip it! It can also help to treat symptoms of stress effectively!
Cucumber is one of the healthy foods that are most widely eaten in India during summer days. Thanks to the cooling effects it provides that can instantly act to cool down body heat. Cucumber is very tasty and watery that everyone likes it. Consume more of this veggie by adding it to your salads on a daily basis to beat off heat stress.
14. Honeydew Melon
This is another contender coming from the family of melons that can help to lower body temperature. Add honeydew melon into your daily meals during hot weather days as one kind of home remedies to reduce body heat.
All members of the melon family offer the cooling property to the human body. Muskmelon is also a fruit that is very rich in water and loaded with essential nutrients for preventing heat stress. Consume muskmelon juice on a daily basis to fight against health problems related to body heat.
Cardamom (well-known as elaichi) is an Indian spice that is used widely for cooking dishes. Cardamom has great detoxifying properties which thereby can help to reduce body heat as well. Cardamom could go with the tea form and you can consume it with ease. In fact, this is also one of the best home remedies to reduce body heat that we would like to introduce in this article and hope that people will make use of it right from now!
17. Cool Water
Cool water is one of the best home remedies to reduce body heat effectively. In addition, it also helps your body recover fast from the side effects of high temperature. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- When your temperature increases, you should enjoy a tall glass of cool water. Afterward, you sip some cool water every 20 minutes.
- Another option is to take ice cubes to a foot tub and then fill it with cool water. Soak your feet in the bucket for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The other way is to enjoy a cool bath to decrease body heat.
18. Coconut Water
Coconut water is also considered as one of the effective home remedies to reduce body heat. Its electrolyte composition is very effective for rehydrating your body. In addition, it is loaded with nutrients that will help lift your energy. Simply, you need only drink one glass of tender coconut water several times daily for best results.
Using lemon regularly can prevent heat-related illnesses as well as keep the body cool. The high vitamin C presents in lemon can help reduce body temperature. In addition, it also oxygenates and hydrates the body to maintain you feeling refreshed and energized during the hot summer days. For positive effects, you should use it as follows.
- Squeeze the juice from about ½ lemon into water (a glass).
- Then add honey (1 teaspoon) and a pinch of salt to it.
It is recommended to enjoy about 3 glasses of lemon juice per day as one of home remedies to reduce body heat.
Sandalwood is also one of the great home remedies to reduce body heat due to its soothing and cooling properties. It is used to decrease body heat as follows.
- Mix sandalwood powder (2 tablespoons) with enough cold milk or water to create a fine paste. Then add rose water (a few drops) and next to rub this paste on your chest and forehead. Let it to dry on its own and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Another method is to rub a little sandalwood oil on your forehead and then leave it on for some hours. You should add sandalwood oil (a few drops) in coconut oil (one teaspoon) and then apply to avoid skin irritation.
- The other option is to sprinkle sandalwood powder on your chest, back and armpits after taking a shower in order to keep cooler body temperature.
Peppermint also contains a cooling and soothing effect. Therefore, it is also one of the effective home remedies to reduce body heat. In addition to reducing body heat, it also helps to reduce headaches and relieve nausea as well. To see instant results, you should use it as following options.
- Simmer fresh peppermint leaves (a few ounces) in one pot of boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Next to strain out these leaves and then let the water cool down. After that, you add this peppermint-infused water to a bathtub filled with the cool bath water and immerse in it for at least 25 minutes. Another way is to prepare a peppermint bath by adding peppermint essential oil (a few drops) to cool bath water.
- Another option is to steep dried or fresh peppermint leaves (one teaspoon) in a cup of hot water. Strain and then sweeten with a little raw honey. Afterward, you cool it in the refrigerator. It is suggested to drink your cool peppermint tea several times every day.
Watermelon can help in reducing body heat quickly thanks to its high water content. Especially, eating watermelon regularly will also help keep you hydrated. For desirable results, you can use it to reduce body heat as follows.
- Eat watermelon (a few slices), or combine it with some sugar and cold milk to make a refreshing drink.
- Another choice among home remedies to reduce body heat is to mix cubes of watermelon with muskmelon and cucumber. Then add a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil over it in order to make a healthy salad.
23. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the most popular home remedies to reduce body heat. Its cooling and soothing properties can help keep normal body temperature. For positive result, aloe vera is used as follows.
- You can take fresh aloe vera gel and then apply it over your body. Allow it on for at least 20 minutes and then take a cold bath. You can repeat as needed.
- Another way is to drink homemade aloe vera juice (a glass) prepared with up to aloe vera gel (2 tablespoons). You should not drink more than two tablespoons of aloe vera gel per day.
24. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry (or amla) is high in vitamin C that helps reduce your body heat. For positive effect, you can use it as follows.
- Mix 4 parts of water with 1 part amla juice. You can add a little sugar or salt to improve the taste. It is suggested to consume it two times daily during the summer in order to prevent heat stress.
- Another option is to add amla juice (2 teaspoons), raw honey (1 teaspoon) and lemon juice (1 teaspoon) to a glass of water. You had better enjoy this every day in the morning on an empty stomach.
Buttermilk is one of the useful home remedies to reduce body heat, according to Ayurveda. It can also be beneficial for men who have high metabolism and women who suffer from hot flashes. In addition, it also provides your body with the required vitamins and minerals which are lost during excessive sweating.
- Drink buttermilk (a glass) with your breakfast in the summer to maintain your body cool throughout the day.
- Another option is to blend together thick yogurt (½ cup), some water (½ cup) and a pinch of salt. You can drink this homemade buttermilk two times daily.
26. Poppy Seeds
Poppy seeds (or opium) are very effective in regulating body temperature. For best results, you can mix crushed poppy seeds (1 teaspoon) and a little sugar. It is recommended to consume it once every day during the summer season in order to remove excessive body heat. Another option for home remedies to reduce body heat is to eat poppy seeds (a small amount) before going to bed.
Note: Poppy seeds are not suitable for children. Do not take poppy seeds in large quantities.
Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Additional Tips
- Avoid exposure to excessive humidity and heat whenever possible.
- Drink fresh pomegranate juice (a glass) mixed with almond oil (a few drops) every morning.
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can help you stay cool.
- Avoid wearing excess clothes that can prevent sweat from evaporating easily.
- Sleep in a well-ventilated, cool area.
- Do not drink alcoholic and caffeinated beverages as they affect your body’s ability to regulate your temperature.
- Drink enough water every day in order to supply fluids lost through sweating.
- Try to stay in air-conditioned or a shady place during peak summer days.
- Do not sit inside a car parked in the sun.
- Stay away from hot and spicy foods as well as fatty and fried foods.
- Do not eat nuts every day as they can increase heat in the body. Try to eat them about 2 or 3 times per week.
IV. Treatments For Body Heat, Preventions, And Things To Do When Suffering From Body Heat:
1. Determine If You Are Displaying Excess Body Heat Symptoms:
As your body heat becomes higher than normal, you may experience some pain in your muscles and joints and your body could even become weak from the inside.
A headache is also a common sign of over body heat and so does dehydration. This is why when you have a fever, you can also experience mild to severe headaches.
- Excess Sweating:
People sweat as the body is trying to cool down itself by sweating. If you sweat much, that means that your body temperature is much higher than usual. This is most common after or during exercising.
2. Know What The Causes Of High Body Heat Are
If you do not drink a sufficient amount of water throughout the day, your body would eventually become dehydrated so that you will not be able to sweat. If you cannot sweat, your body would not be able to cool down itself and the temperature of your body would increase.
- Improper Cooling:
Body heat can raise if you do not wear proper clothes or if you expose to the sunlight for too long.
Certain conditions could be responsible for high body heat.
- Taking Certain Medications:
Human body heat could rise as a side-effect of some medications that you are probably taking. There are several drugs that could lead to the increase of body heat.
- Too Much Exercise:
If you exercise too much, your body heat would rise and you would start sweating a lot. Sweating is a natural way to cool down the heat of your body.
After studying the writing of top 10 best home remedies to reduce body heat, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to deal with body heat fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
The related articles on the problem of body heat and some similar health issues caused by excess body temperature: