Do you like aloo paratha or makki ki roti sarso ka saag (Punjabi dish) with lots of white butter, i mean who does not like it? Both favorite recipes in Punjab. I have been eating white butter since i was a kid, like most of us. In India people use to make butter at home and its really yummy, but did you aware the benefits of white butter, no? Then check out today all about white butter.
What is white butter ?
White butter is made with fresh milk and cream. The best part about it is that it is unsalted, unlike yellow butter that has a lot of salt.White butter is natural and unprocessed and it is more nutritious than yellow butter. Another reason that makes white butter better is that it does not contain the harmful trans-fat which has been linked with various chronic ailments like heart disease, obesity and diabetes.”
How to make white butter at home ?
1. After boiling the milk , keep it in the refrigerator once it gets cool down.A thick layer of milk cream is formed at the top of the milk after getting cold. take out this cream in a separate pan , cover it and keep it inside the freezer.
2. Keep on collecting the cream on daily basis. If the tumbler gets filled in 10-12 days and you wish to make the butter . Just take out the tumbler from the freezer 4-5 hours before the procedure.
3. Let the cream melt according to the room temperature and then put it into a jar or a food processor. Pour 1 1/2 cup of chilled water in summers into 4 cup of cream. Turn on the mixer and within few minutes the butter will get collected at the top of the jar and the water(matha) will remain at the bottom. If this doesn’t happen, then run the mixer for few more minutes and once the butter comes up, turn off the mixer.
4. Take out the butter with your hands or spoon , and put it in a separate pan.
5. Sometimes the quantity of water seeps into the butter made by this method. In this situation keep the butter in the frozen water. After two minutes squeeze the butter with your fingers and take out the water from it. In this way the butter leave the entire quantity of water and becomes more tasty. This butter remains fresh for more than a week, if kept in the refrigerator.
6.This butter is unsalted and usually white in color.
HEALTH BENIFITS of WHITE butter
1# Helps you lose weight
Yes, we are serious. White butter contains lecithin, a substance that helps in the proper assimilation and metabolism of cholesterol and other fat constituents. This makes you break down and use fats more efficiently, helping you actually lose weight. It also satiates any cravings you might have while you are dieting, therefore helping the weight loss process along.
2# Helps treat minor infections
It has potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that make it a great way to boost one’s immune system and treat minor illnesses like an upset tummy or a cold and flu. Rujuta says, ‘Have you wondered why when you are ill, your mother used to give you homemade daal khichdi with a dollop of white butter or ghee? It’s because of it is great antibacterial properties.’
3# Boosts your immune system
Butter is made up of a unique molecular structure of saturated fat. This structure helps it retain a whole load of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin A and D. All these constituents boost one’s immune system.
4# Makes you smarter and sharper
The molecular structure of butter helps it pass through the layers of tissue that are otherwise impermeable, like that of the brain. It helps the transportation of nutrients to the brain and takes away wastes from it making the brain function optimally.
5# Makes your skin glow
Butter is packed with the essential mineral selenium, a potent antioxidant along with vitamin E which helps to smoothen out the skin and keeps it healthy and elastic. This gives that healthy glow to one’s skin.
6# Helps fight cancer
It is packed with CLA or conjugated linoleic acid along with short chain and medium chain fatty acids that have anti-cancer properties.
7# Treats a number of ailments
In ayurveda a number of practitioners prescribe the use of white butter as a remedy for ailments such as ear problems, insomnia, bed wetting, sexual weakness, and even for mental illnesses. It is especially advised to mother-to-be during their fourth month of pregnancy since it helps nourish the growing child and eases labour.
8# Lubricates the joints
Due to its structure, it helps in the production of compounds that lubricate joints. It is especially great for people suffering from arthritis since it increases the lubrication between joints helping in reducing the pain associated with the condition.
9# Provides healthy Calories
Butter as we all know has a high calorie value. However, according to research, the foods that have high amounts of calories are also those that are much more beneficial to the body. Every 100 grams has about 750 calories.
10# Helps develop the brain and nervous system in children
Since butter contains Arachidonic Acid (AA) that plays an important role in brain function and the maintenance of healthy cellular structure, it is very good for the proper development of a child’s brain. Apart from that it has a unique highly absorbable form of vitamin D that is essential for the proper functioning of the synapses (portion between two nerves that helps the relay of information to and from the brain). Since children’s brains are still forming giving it the right and most essential nourishment is of utmost importance.
So these are reason why you also eat white butter , make it at your home and eat. And share your experiences with me. Keep like share with your family and friends. Please join facebook page also.