Hi guy’s i am back with the recipes.This time i am going to share with you my favourite raita recipes. So a raita is a simple preparation made by adding fruits, vegetables or any other thing to beaten curds. Most Indian families enjoy curds either plain or in the form of delicious raitas as an accompaniment with lunch or dinner. Raitas are unique because they are cool and spicy at the same time. Indians cherish a large variety of raitas and the following are some of the recipes of raita.
#.Kheere(Cucumber) ka Raita.
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- Salt to flavor
- A bowl of curd
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 lemon
- Handful coriander leaves chopped.
- Take the curd and add onion, cucumber and lemon juice.
- And season it with salt, red chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix it all and enjoy.
#.Pyaaz (Onion) ka Raita
- 300 gm yoghurt
- 50 ml cream
- Salt to taste
- 5 gm roasted cumin, crushed
- 50 gm sliced onions
- 10 gm green chillies
- 10 gm coriander leaves
- Garnish chilli powder roasted cumin crushed.
- Whisk the yoghurt along with the cream and salt.
- Mix in the cumin powder, sliced onions, chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Serve garnished with cumin and chilli powder.
#.Green Chilly Raita
- 1 bowl yogurt or dahi
- 2- 3 Tbsp green chillies, finely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of red chillies
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped fine.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, salt, coriander leave and green chillies.
- Serve chilled.
#.Aloo ka Raita
- 2 cups potatoes – boiled peeled and diced
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds – roasted and powdered
- 1/4 tsp red pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp coriander leaves – chopped.
- Beat the yogurt till smooth.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, cumin seed powder, coriander leaves and mix well with the potatoes.
- Transfer onto a serving bowl and garnish with the rest of the cumin powder, red pepper and coriander leaves.
- Serve the Aloo ka Raita chilled.
- 2 Cups Curd (Yogurt)
- 100 gms Gram flour(Besan)
- 1/2tsp Roasted Cumin(jeera) powder
- salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- very little garam masala
- Finely Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil to fry.
- Add water to gram flour and mix well to spreading consistency.
- Add salt & beat till becomes light. Heat oil & pass the paste through draining spoon. Fry till golden & crisp(you can use redimade bondi).
- Stir the curd with hand mixer(mathani).
- Add boondi and mix gently. If it becomes thick add little milk and mix it.
- Now add salt, cumin powder and chili powder, mix well.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Keep in refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Serve boondi raita chilled.
- 3 cups curd
- 1 cup mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 1/2tsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp black rock salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste .
- Whip the curd with a hand mixer.
- Make a paste of mint leaves using very little water.
- Add mint paste and green chili to it.
- Now add roasted cumin seed powder, black pepper, sugar and rock salt to it. Mix it well.
- Serve pudina raita chilled with rice.
- 1 cup pineapple /ananas chunks
- 2 cup thick curd
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chili 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Take th curd in a bowl. Add sugar, cumin seed powder and salt. Beat the curd until it becomes smooth.
- Add chopped green chili in it and mix well.
- Add pineapple chunks in it and mix well.
- Take out pineapple raita in a serving bowl and garnished with chopped coriander leaves and the sprinkle black pepper.
Hope you all like the recipe’s. Try this cool yummy recipes at your home and please share your experiences with me. And don’t forget to like and share with your family and friends. You can join us on Facebook.