I rarely grilled/baked seafood in an oven especially squid/prawn which they easily turned hard and chewy if overcooked. But today I attempted this Chilli & Pepper Grilled Squid in the air fryer and it turned out so succulent and tender!! Hahaha serve one squid for one person but turned out not enough as they tasted so mouthwatering!
- 4 medium squid, approx 550gm
- 4 slices lemon, sliced into half
- a pack of mesclun salad
- chopped spring onion
- toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp red chilli pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Grill Mates Chilli & Pepper BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic Pepper
- 1/4 tsp McCormick Himalayan Pink Salt
- Clean the squid by removing the head,innards and cartilage. Cut the tentacles, discarding the eyes section. Rinse the squid tube thoroughly and drain well.
- In a medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Add in squids and its tentacles and coat evenly with the marinade. Spoon some of the marinate into the squid tube as well. Cling wrap and chill in fridge for about 30 mins.
- Before cooking, bring the marinated squids to room temperature. Preheat air fryer at 230 deg cel for 5 mins. Line the baking pan and place sliced lemons over. Drain the squids from the marinade and place over the sliced lemon. Spray some cooking oil evenly over the squids.
- Set air fryer at 230 deg cel for 8 mins. Grill for 3 mins. Glaze with reserved marinade and continue to grill for 1 min.
- Turn the squid over, spray some cooking oil over and grill for 3 mins. After 3 mins, glaze with remaining marinate and finish the grilling for another 1 min. Rest for 5 mins. Garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds and serve immediately.