Aloe vera has been used for centuries for its medicinal and healing properties. It’s a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves, and it is widely used in many beauty products. The water-filled tissue in the leaves is the gel that is used in these products. It contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants that work wonders for the skin. You might be surprised by all of the health benefits that Aloe Vera has to offer!
1. Helps in Treating Sunburn
One of the most amazing aloe vera benefits is that it can heal even bad cases of sunburn because it naturally forms a layer over your skin that protects it by bringing back moisture. The fact that it is a potent anti-oxidant heals sunburn faster.
2. Great Skin Moisturizer
It is ideal for people who have oily skin because it offers a moisturizing effect minus the greasiness. And of course it is great for dry skin too.
3. Helps in Treating Acne
Using aloe vera gel for face minimizes scarring from acne and hastens the process of healing. This is owing to the fact that it contains two hormones, namely Auxin and Gibberellins, which lend it its anti-inflammatory nature.
4. Anti-Ageing Properties
With age skin loses its sheen and elasticity. Aloe naturally contains vitamin C, beta carotene and vitamin E, which makes the skin firm and hydrates it.
5. Helps in Reducing Stretch Marks
Pregnancy and quick loss or gain of weight leaves stretch marks on the skin. And if you’re stressing out about these marks, don’t; apply aloe vera on the problem areas and with continuous use they will barely be visible.
6. Healing PropertiesBe it psoriasis or eczema, blisters or bites, aloe vera’s anti-allergenic properties can help heal them.
7. Helps in Getting Radiant Skin
It is very effective in ridding your body of dead skin cells and replenishing it with new ones. This, in turn, gives your skin a healthy glow.
8. Used for Tan Removal
It can help restore the natural colour of your skin if it has been tanned.
9. Gives Softer Lips
Using an aloe vera based lip balm can really help soothe chapped lips, making them soft and supple.
10. Softens Feet
Aloe vera gel scrubs help exfoliate your skin and make them smooth and soft.
Top Tips to use Aloe Vera to get Clear Skin:
- To reverse the effects of a tan, mix a couple of drops of lemon juice in aloe vera gel and apply it on the problem areas, letting it sit for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- To go from pigmented skin to spotless skin again, mix some rose water in aloe gel. Apply it on the problem areas and let it be for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
- Say goodbye to oily skin. Boil the fresh leaves of aloe in water and mash it into a paste. Now, mix honey in it and apply it to your face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
- If you have sensitive skin, this is for you. Make a paste using aloe vera, yoghurt, cucumber juice, and rose oil. Apply it to your face and allow it to sit for 15-20 minutes before washing off.
- To go from dry skin to fab skin, make a paste using aloe vera gel, dates, cottage cheese, and cucumber and lemon juice. Apply it to your face and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before washing off.
Use these remedies and you can say aloha to beautiful skin.